On the way from Rome to Siena, you will be fascinated by the splendid landscapes of the Tuscan hills. Sipping a good glass during the San Gimignano wine tasting, you will enjoy a panorama of olive groves, vineyards, woods, high cypresses, sunflowers, and typical stone brick houses.
A private driver will pick you up at your hotel to meet your private guide in the world-famous picturesque town of Siena. Then, you will reach the fascinating medieval San Gimignano with its peculiar towers, where you will taste one of the best wines you have ever drunk, the Chianti.
Included in the tour “Rome to Siena and San Gimignano wine tasting”:
- Pick up from your location and full day car with driver at disposal.
- 2-hours wine tasting with local products in San Gimignano
- 1-hour in San Gimignano free time
- 2,5 hours guided tour in Siena
- drop off back to your hotel in Rome
- COVID 19 safety measures: face mask and hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff (social distancing from other visitors enforced: temperature checks for everybody entering museums and archaeological sites).
Pick up details
Pick-up time is at 7:30 from your location. To optimize your precious time, we pick you up from all hotels, apartments, and B&B located within a radius of 10 kilometers from the Pantheon.
Siena guided tour
Red-bricked Siena is an attractive UNESCO World Heritage Site and an ancient, bustling University town.
It is most famous for the spectacular horse race, the “Palio.” In summer, it takes place in the enormous central square, Piazza del Campo. The major landmark is the 13th-century Cathedral, built on Minerva’s sanctuary site. You will enjoy strolling and shopping through the narrow cobblestone streets.
San Gimignano Wine Tasting
San Gimignano has a particular allure, looking like a miniature Manhattan with famous houses and medieval defense towers.
Perched at the top of a hill and surrounded by a wall, the town maintains its medieval characteristics and overlooks the Chianti Region’s fertile land.
Your driver will bring you to a certified wine farm where you will appreciate the world-famous Italian wine. Grapes grow in this quiet land, between the Apennines (Central Italian Mountains) and the Tyrrhenian Sea.